Value-added services are additional services that enhance a company’s core product or service offerings. In industry, common examples include painting, polishing, deburring, inspections, assembly, packaging, and warehousing services. The more efficiently businesses can integrate these tasks into their total production process, the more cost-effective that production becomes. As a result, businesses can pass on these cost savings to customers.
At Bent River Machine, we provide multiple value-added services to complement our manufacturing processes. Our core value-added services include:
- Outside processes
Learn more about how value-added services from Bent River Machine can help save time and money on your project.
One of our key services is procurement. This includes sourcing every component required—such as nuts, bolts, drag chains, valves, breakers, and motors—to manufacture and assemble our customers’ machines. We follow efficient procurement methods that cut costs and streamline the entire production process.
Bent River Machine also offers subcontracting to help customers handle various tasks. We maintain a network of vetted suppliers, and their performance is continually monitored to ensure each of our clients receives the quality, timeliness, and accuracy of services they need.
Our key tracking metrics include quality and on-time delivery stats, and we meet weekly to determine if any changes need to be made. We also meet monthly to identify potential systemic issues and make any necessary changes before they impact delivery quality or schedules. When Bent River Machine handles your subcontracting processes, your organization can:
- Save time and money
- Focus on core competencies
- Gain access to pre-vetted, qualified subcontractors
Bent River Machine also outsources multiple processes through our vetted suppliers. These processes include:
- Heat treatment: Heat treatments can make metal components perform better through improved hardness, durability, strength, and corrosion resistance.
- Destructive and non-destructive testing: Destructive testing reveals how a part behaves under certain operating conditions and pressures until it fails. Non-destructive testing reveals any product defects without causing damage to the part. Examples of this type of testing include magnetic particle inspection, hardness testing, and pressure testing.
- Metal finishing and plating: Finishing prepares the surface of a part for optimal plating or painting.
- Sinker and wire EDM: These processes can create precise shapes and complex tooling.
- Grinding: Grinding can dull sharp edges to make products safer for handling, use, and assembly.
- Honing: Honing processes correct the surface finish, shape, diameter, and tolerances of machined parts.
Turnkey Manufacturing and Tooling Services
Bent River Machine is a leading provider of custom automation and tool building as well as value-added services. Our additional services enhance our core product and service offerings for a truly turnkey solution. Request a quote to learn more about how we can optimize your machine manufacturing and assembly needs.